Legal disputes are common and often arise between persons, companies, or local authorities for a variety of reasons. Legal disputes are time consuming and can have a serious impact on finances and relationships. It is for these reasons that it is important to have an experienced litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... solicitor on your side in order to reach a conclusion on your dispute with minimal stress.
litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... solicitors can assist clients by helping parties to resolve disputes in a number of ways. They help by providing specialist legal advice, engaging in alternative dispute resolution methods, such as negotiation or mediation: in the context of litigation and dispute resoluti..., or through use of litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... proceedings at court.
South Bank Legal’s litigation lawyers have a track record of delivering cost effective dispute resolution services to businesses and individuals.
Our success is based on an unwavering commitment to clients’ objectives and an ability to provide clear and decisive advice in even the most complex commercial litigation matters.
What does a litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... solicitor do?
Dispute resolution solicitors will typically perform various tasks on their clients’ behalf, such as:
- Drafting any necessary statements of case, witness statements or applications
- Exchanging information with the other party as part of the disclosure process
- Choosing a strategy to use in court based on the information their client provides
- Presenting the case in the courtroom via a barrister
- Negotiating with the opposing party during the settlement phase of the case
- Appealing your case if a decision goes against you
Types of disputes
South Bank Legal have experience dealing with a wide range of legal disputes. We ensure that we give our clients clear and understandable legal advice and always keep them up to date on their case. Our litigation solicitors have particular expertise in the following areas:
- Commercial litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... – Our commercial litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... team can assist with legal disputes that arise throughout the course of business and negotiate any settlements. Our commercial litigators have vast experience resolving business disputes and commercial contracts.
- Breach of contract claims – When a party fails to uphold their side of an agreement, it can be expensive and disruptive for others involved. Claiming for a breach of contract: in contract disputes, one contracting pa... can help the affected party recover their losses.
- Company disputes and shareholder litigation – Legal disputes can occur internally within companies and businesses. These disputes typically include shareholder and partnership disagreements.
- Professional negligence claims – If a professional’s work or advice does not reach the expected standard, they breach their duty of care. If their client suffers as a result of this, they could make a claim for professional negligence.
- Intellectual property disputes, namely passing off claims, copyright infringement and trade mark infringement
- Fraud claims – Our litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... team can assist clients in the recovery of assets and losses following cases of fraud: in the context of commercial dispute resolution (as o....
- Insolvency – At South Bank Legal, our company insolvency and bankruptcy solicitors act for companies and individuals in financial difficulty, as well as creditors seeking debt recovery and to protect their position in cases of actual or threatened insolvency.
- Property disputes – Property disputes can occur between landlords and tenants, homeowners and property developers. These disputes typically involve issues with contracts, boundary issues and disrepair claims.
If you are currently dealing with a legal dispute listed above, please contact South Bank Legal today to get in contact with one of our litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... solicitors for an initial consultation and to discuss your potential options going forward.
Our aim is to cost effectively resolve legal disputes in a short amount of time, and to keep our clients out of court when possible. We represent clients in the UK and abroad across a range of industries.
The process of making a claim
When a client initially contacts one of our dispute resolution lawyers for advice, it is the solicitor’s role to analyse their legal claim or defence and discuss the next steps with the client. They will then ask the client questions about their situation and may require further information or documentation to gain a better understanding of how they should proceed with their case.
The litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... solicitor will advise the claimant or defendant: the respondent against whom court proceedings are... on whether they believe they have a strong case or not.
Each case is unique, and the steps in the case will be dependent on the type and complexity of the case. However, in most cases, the solicitor will usually suggest an attempt to settle the case using initial negotiations before proceeding to more formal alternative dispute resolution or court proceedings.
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
When possible, our dispute resolution team helps clients to resolve their disputes using alternative dispute resolution (ADR). ADR is an effective method of resolving disputes without the use of any formal court proceedings. ADR is cost-effective and can reduce the amount of time needed to settle a legal dispute.
Alternative dispute resolution methods typically include mediation: in the context of litigation and dispute resoluti..., arbitration and informal negotiations.
- mediation: in the context of litigation and dispute resoluti... involves a mediator who encourages both parties to come to a settlement.
- Arbitration is a formal resolution method in which an arbitrator will make a decision based on the evidence that both parties provide.
- Informal negotiations can be entered into at any time when both parties negotiate an agreement to settle.
Our dispute resolution team can analyse your case and discuss options available to you as well as advise you on how you should proceed.
If you are deciding whether or not to enforce or defend your legal rights, either through the UK Courts and Tribunals system or via an alternative means such as mediation, you can contact one of our litigation and dispute resolution solicitors for a confidential discussion today.
Court litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour...
If your legal dispute cannot be resolved through alternative dispute resolution methods, your case may then be taken through the court litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... process. If this happens, our skilled litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... lawyers have substantial experience representing our clients at all levels of court, including the High Court and the Court of Appeal.
Our litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... solicitors will attend conferences with their clients to discuss the case and prepare their case for trial. At the trial, the solicitor will usually instruct a barrister to present the case and will ensure that their client understands exactly what is going on during the trial.
How can South Bank Legal assist?
In cases large or small, we consider that it is crucial to control the costs of litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... to ensure that perspective is not lost and that legal costs do not grow out of proportion to what is at stake.
Our client profile is diverse. As dispute resolution solicitors, we have represented government regulators, political parties and financial institutions, but we are equally at home when pursuing the rights of individuals against big business, where a tenacious approach can more than even up the balance of power.
At South Bank Legal, our legal team have experience in all areas of law. We work closely with our clients and provide the legal services that they need to reach the best conclusion for their case.
For more information, you can contact South Bank Legal via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0203 1266 584 for a confidential discussion with a dispute resolution solicitor today.
Get in touch today