What is a Civil Defence Lawyer?
If a civil court claim has been made or threatened against you, a civil defence lawyer can defend your rights in a civil litigationlitigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... More matter. Civil disputes are common and often arise between parties for a variety of reasons. Legal disputes can become very time consuming and can have a serious impact on finances and relationships. It is for these reasons that it is crucial to have an experienced civil litigationlitigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... More solicitor on your side in order to reach the best possible resolution to your dispute.
Dispute resolution solicitors can assist clients by helping parties involved to resolve disputes in a variety of ways. They help by providing specialist advice on legal issues, engaging in different alternative dispute resolution methods, such as negotiation or mediation, or through the use of litigation proceedings at court.
South Bank Legal’s civil defence lawyers have a track record of delivering cost effective litigationlitigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... More and dispute resolution services to individuals involved in legal disputes.
Our success is based on an unwavering commitment to clients’ objectives and an ability to provide clear and decisive legal advice to clients, even in the most complex civil disputes.
Types of Civil Disputes
Our civil defence lawyers can represent you in order to mount the strongest possible defence in your case, and ensure you get the best possible outcome. Some of the main areas of law we assist with include:
- Property disputes – Our property litigation team of solicitors act for homeowners, commercial property developers, property management companies, landlords, tenants, vendors, surveyors, large retailers, estate agents and purchasers.
- Contract disputes – Our commercial litigators deal with a wide range of contract disputes and can help defend claims for breach of contractbreach of contract: in contract disputes, one contracting pa... More arising in a B2B or consumer context.
- Fraud claims – We can defend individuals accused of fraudfraud: in the context of commercial dispute resolution (as o... More, including fraudulent statements and misappropriation of property.
- Employment and restrictive covenant disputes – If you require advice on defending an employment or restrictive covenantrestrictive covenant: in contract law, a contractual promise... More dispute, contact us today for a free, confidential discussion.
- Insolvency, bankruptcy and debt recovery – Our UK company insolvency and bankruptcy solicitors act for companies and individuals in financial difficulty.
- Freezing injunctions – If you are subject to a freezing injunctionfreezing injunction: previously called a mareva injunction; ... More, it is important to have the right team on your side to resolve the dispute.
- Partnership disputes – Our solicitors can help defend claims made in a wide range of shareholder disputes, partnership disputes and LLP disputes.
If you require an expert civil defence lawyer to defend your case, do not hesitate to get in touch with our civil litigationlitigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... More team for an initial consultation to discuss your case today.
The Role of a Civil Defence Lawyer
A civil defence lawyer will be required to carry out a variety of tasks in the course of representing their clients and defending claims on their behalf, such as:
- Drafting any necessary statements of case, witness statements or applications
- Exchanging information with the other party as part of the disclosure process
- Advising on the best defence strategy available based on the information their client provides
- Presenting the defence in court via a barrister
- Engaging in alternative dispute resolution, such as mediationmediation: in the context of litigation and dispute resoluti... More
- Negotiating with the opposing party during the settlement phase of the case
- Considering whether to appeal decisions of the court
How can South Bank Legal assist?
Our civil dispute lawyers assist on a wide range of disputes, from defending complex breach of contractbreach of contract: in contract disputes, one contracting pa... More claims and shareholder disputes, to defending money or debt claims on behalf of individuals or businesses.
In cases large or small, we consider that it is crucial to control the costs of litigation to ensure that perspective is not lost and that legal costs do not grow out of proportion to what is at stake.
Our client profile is diverse. As dispute resolution solicitors, we have represented government regulators, political parties and financial institutions, but we are equally at home when defending the rights of individuals against big business, where a tenacious approach can more than even up the balance of power.
At South Bank Legal, our legal team have experience in all areas of commercial and civil law.
For more information, you can contact South Bank Legal via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0203 1266 584 for a confidential discussion with a dispute resolution solicitor today.
Get in touch today